birding-aus

NSW Scientific Committee Determinations

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: NSW Scientific Committee Determinations
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:08:07 +1100
And further to Mick's comments about White-browed Woodswallow the fact that it
wasn't included in this group doesn't mean it still won't end up on the list.
The Scientific Committee is probably still gathering information (or possibly
following up on any responses they had to the Preliminary Determination). Once
it has been put out for comment the determination either beomes Final or is
Rejected and if the latter happens then it is listed on the same website with
reasons for the rejection (very few get rejected once they make the preliminary
stage - many don't make it that far).

The Woodswallow will be a very interesting one to involve in threatened species
legislation so I am not surprised it is taking a bit longer.

Cheers,

Peter