birding-aus

Black-faced Monarch - an unusual 'house tick'.

To: BirdingAus <>
Subject: Black-faced Monarch - an unusual 'house tick'.
From: Judith Hoyle <>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 23:23:20 +0000
Good morning Birding Ausers

We live in suburban Greenslopes 2 streets up from busy Logan Road.  On Tuesday
morning Peter called me into our dining room. What he had thought was yet
another bit of birding scultpure shocked his socks off when it started to move!
 We were both amazed to find an immature Black-faced Monarch sitting on one of
the picure rails in our dining room!  Clearly the high winds we have been
having courtesy of the after effects of Olga had knocked this one off course.

After making sure it had no injuries and asking it to pose for a few photos, we
released it with all fingers crossed that it would be ok!

Regards

Judith