birding-aus

Brown Quail Covey

To: "Birding_Aus _Server" <>
Subject: Brown Quail Covey
From: "Dean Cutten" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 16:46:34 -0600
AusBirders,

Returning from the Beacon 19 boat ramp (Goolwa Barrage area) late yesterday
afternoon (27/1) I spotted a covey of 6 Brown Quail on the edge of the road.
I stopped to watch them briefly but had to move on with a vehicle coming up.
First time I have seen so many in a covey on the Peninsula. Also had a good
view through the scope of the Lewin's Rail bathing in its usual area near
the little island. There was nothing unusual seen in the shorebirds which
were scattered around due to a very low tide.

Dean Cutten
Victor Harbor,  SA
Australia