birding-aus

RFI - SW Western Australia

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: RFI - SW Western Australia
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:53:18 +1100
Hi all,
Heading to Margaret River for work at the end of Feb and looking for some tips if anyone can help. Fly in Sat 27th and drive straight down to MR. Working Sunday (although might squeeze in Cape Leeuwin early for Rock Parrot) Then have all day Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday free and fly out Thursday morning (about 11am flight)

I will be after all the endemics plus things like Rock and Elegant Parrot, any rarer waders (like Long-toed Stint, Little Curlew). The general thought is to head straight to Albany and concentrate our efforts down there and perhaps head back to Perth via Dryandra. Can anyone tell me driving time from Margaret River to Albany to Cheynes Beach? Also Cheynes Beach back to Perth etc? I have heard that Lake Mclarty will be (or is) dry - any ideas where the Long-toed Stints etc go from there?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
..and yes i have already spent a fair bit of time on Frank O'Connors site :)

Best regards,
Dave