birding-aus

RFI: Leeton to Lake Cargelligo

Subject: RFI: Leeton to Lake Cargelligo
From: Kevin Barker <>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:37:29 +1100
Hi all,

I've suddenly found I have an unexpected opportunity for some days away next
week with my son, and we're trying to work out some good places for birding.

We are Sydney-siders and thought heading west might give us some new birding
experiences. We're keen to get to the Fivebough & Tuckerbil wetlands at Leeton,
and have heard good things about the Round Hill / Lake Cargelligo area, so I'm
wondering if this is generally a good time of year to visit these spots. And
also if anyone might have a suggestion or two for other places to check out
either in that general vicinity or on the way there from Sydney. Alternatively,
if this is not considered a good time to go there, a recommendation or two of
somewhere else to go is very much welcome. Any advice here would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin & Ben==============================www.birding-aus.org