birding-aus

what chance an upcoming irruption of Letter-winged Kites?

To: "'martin butterfield'" <>, "'Mike Carter'" <>
Subject: what chance an upcoming irruption of Letter-winged Kites?
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:00:12 +1100
If you check "Old Atlas" in Birdata, it shows the sightings from the 1st
Atlas. I didn't bother drilling into any of the sightings, but it seemed to
cover a reasonable part of Victoria.

Interestingly Eremaea shows the following sightings of LWK for Victoria -
some of the more recent sightings were also reported on Birdline:

11-12/12/1976 WTP (BOCA Young Members week-end camp)

23/7/1977 WTP (BOCA Young Members)

17/03/1977 Ventnor

2/4/1977 Bendigo

15/08/2004 Yanak

18/5/2005 Echuca

9/3/1990-31/10/2009 Horsham area (unfortunately no more precise date for
this sighting).

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria