birding-aus

birding ethics, and birding attitudes

To: <>
Subject: birding ethics, and birding attitudes
From: "Andrew Thelander" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 21:43:50 +1000
Hello Andrew
A very nice and heartfelt post.  Good on you.  One thing we can do is
emphasise and applaud worthy behaviour.  I went birding in the Mary Valley
this weekend with a friend who is very keen on wildlife photography.  He
refused to photograph a nesting Black-faced cuckoo-shrike near his home
because he was not convinced he could take the shot without disturbing or
endangering the bird and brood.  It would have made a nice shot too!
The sign of a good birder is that he or she always puts the welfare of the
bird and its habitat before his or her ticklist or personal desires.  And
you don't have to go far to find good birders these days.
Cheers

Andrew Thelander
Author of "Last Birds"
Web site: http://www.bewrite.net