birding-aus

BirdSight app - minor issue

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: BirdSight app - minor issue
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:05:05 +1100
I don't have the application, but this is a typical problem with many
databases. It always surprises me how long it takes for this bug to surface.

The programmer has forgotten to cater for this situation, and the problem comes
when the program puts your site name into a string to submit to the database.
The string is delimited with the same single quotes you use as an apostrophe,
and it gets confused about where the string ends.

To work around it, try using a grave symbol, if your phone has it (`). Looks
funny, but should work.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry