birding-aus

Long-toed Stint and Others

To: <>
Subject: Long-toed Stint and Others
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 22:32:12 +1100
Good Evening Everyone

                                             It was brought to my attention
by Jeff Davies and John Barkla that my Long-toed Stint photos were actually
female Sharp-tailed Sandpiper and in light of this I have removed them from
my site and posted a shot from Taylors Lagoon near Broome from November and
I even only got that half right as one of them was a Sharpie as well . (
God, I feel like Ricky Ponting after deciding to bat yesterday )

Anyway I have now posted the photo of the Long-toed Stint and 20 other
photos including the Collared Kingfisher that we saw on Ashmore Reef last
year that was larger than normal and has a white patch on the back of its
head, which apparently can be seen when the bird flairs its feathers.

I would also like to draw your attention on how to use the site to find a
species quickly by just using the Search for a bird button in the top
right-hand corner, then use the spelling as in the Christidis and Boles

Systematics and Taxonomy of Australian Birds or just put in Eagle and they
will all show up, I hope this helps you in looking at my photos.

Regards Geoff Jones
http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup
<http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=31>
&cat=31 This is the link to those shots