birding-aus

Immature Noisy Pitta plumage

To: Laurie Knight <>
Subject: Immature Noisy Pitta plumage
From: David Stowe <>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 21:33:58 +1100
Hi Laurie,
Not at all trying to upstage you but check out the following link to a trip report by Grant Brosie on Birding OZ where he has two great clear images of immature and adult Noisy Pitta. Scroll down til you see the right images.
http://www.birdingoz.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2008
You are right - they are quite different looking!
Cheers
Dave