birding-aus

Duck hunting in Victoria

To: storm <>
Subject: Duck hunting in Victoria
From: Dave Torr <>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:40:57 +1100
Both BOCA and BA made strong representations to the Government on this
issue, but alas it seems the current Government pays little heed to such
input.

The Age (
http://www.theage.com.au/environment/duckhunting-season-extended-20091230-ljxr.html)
reckons it is because of "thanks largely to a rise in bird numbers at a
single location in South Australia".

It is of course typical that such an announcement sneaks out at this time of
year when many organisations that might be expected to protest are closed
down or with only a skeleton staff.

Dave