birding-aus

RFI - Brisbane area and Sunshine Coast

Subject: RFI - Brisbane area and Sunshine Coast
From: Phil Penlington <>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 02:00:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi

We will be spending the holidays in and around Brisbane with family this year.
Coming from South Africa, most of the birds are new and exciting to me, but I
have done a bit of birding in Australia, and am still looking for a lot of
species in the area. (Especially some of the wrens and parrots / cockatoos)
Although this is a family holiday, I always manage to fit in a bit of birding
and photography!

Although most of our time will be spent in Brisbane, we have booked a house
near to Noosa for the week before Christmas as well as a few days at Mt
Tambourine.

I am especially keen to try again for the Noisy Pitta and Lyrebird, as well as
do some wader watching and as much photography as possible. I will have my own
transport and satnav, so getting around is not a problem at all.

I would really appreciate if anyone has any suggestions on where the best
places will be to try out, and even better, if there are any locals, guides or
clubs who are going out and who wouldn't mind another tagging along.

Best Regards

Phil Penlington
www.birdpics.co.za