birding-aus

Re - Painted Snipe at River Heqads in Qld

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Re - Painted Snipe at River Heqads in Qld
From: Susannah Hawkin <>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:12:33 +1030
Hi,

I just wanted to correct myself and Bill Moorehead about the previous sighting
of the Painted Snipe at River Heads in Qld. I mentioned that the bird seen
recently was the first occasion it had been seen there which was a
misunderstanding on my behalf, it was the first time the bird had been spotted
this season. The bird has been recorded at the River Heads site at Garnetts
lagoon on only two previous occasions in 2007 and 2004 and not last year as
Bill had reported. I had this confirmed in a message relayed to me from John
Knight of Hervey Bay who is the only birdwatcher with access to this private
property and keeps detailed records of sightings. Not sure where Bill recieved
his information but it was incorrect.

There is some short video of the Painted Snipe at River Heads also been posted
at the original photo at
http://www.birdwatchersonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=506

Susy