birding-aus

broome birding

To: birding aus <>
Subject: broome birding
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 18:24:08 +1030
I had a very pleasant day birding around Broome today.  A high number of
very interesting birds in close proximity, Broome certainly is a good place
to go birding.

On St Mary's school oval there were a number of little curlew.  the new oval
near Woolies was the best spot, though.   Many australian pratincole, quite
a few oriental pratincole, a lone oriental plover, many black kites loafing
on the oval, little curlew, pacific golden plover, 6-8 eastern yellow
wagtails and at least one green headed wagtail.  When I had  been there on
thursday with
Adrian Boyle there were at least two green headed.

I then headed out to the bird observatory with good birds off of the viewing
platform being at least 10 oriental plovers and 1 broad billed sandpiper.
 After that, when I moved back towards Broome with the tide coming in  the
birds were flighty and it was bloody hot, so I packed it in and came  home
to watch the cricket and  saw the aussies get in some trouble.

Gary