birding-aus

kookaburras

To: "Birds" <>
Subject: kookaburras
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:25:11 +1030
I think the kookies nesting in my back garden must have fledged their
young this morning. I can still hear the adults calling around the area
but they aren't coming in to feed the young at the nest . The young ones
often settle on our balcony on their first day out but seem to have gone
elsewhere this time.
Oh well, the blackbirds and starlings and sparrows are still feeding
their young ones - so are the spotted turtle doves.

T.