birding-aus

RE: [!! SPAM] Re: [Birding-Aus] Peafowl

To: Carl Clifford <>, John Tongue <>
Subject: RE: [!! SPAM] Re: [Birding-Aus] Peafowl
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:35:30 +1100
Who says they have to be resident?  Don't they just have to be here?  You
couldn't count a Hudsonian Godwit that was captive, or had escaped from
captivity, but everyone assumes they've just flown here accidentally because
that's the most likely thing.

Same for things like Galahs, which could be escapees.  You just assume they
aren't, because that's probably true.  It's only with species that are likely
to be escapees or free roaming pets that there's any need to investigate.

Can you count any waders that have been banded?  They're all escapees, aren't
they?

Peter Shute