birding-aus

Greater Sand Plover at Long Reef

To: Ricki Coughlan <>
Subject: Greater Sand Plover at Long Reef
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:30:52 +1100
Wonder if it's the same one I saw at Farquahar Inlet Old Bar on the 10th, and someone else saw a bit further south a few days after that!
G'day all

Spotted a Greater Sand Plover on Long Reef yesterday. http://twitpic.com/qc1il This is my first record of one in 4 years of visiting the reef.

I'll be at the top car park at Long Reef at 2:50pm today, for a 3:00pm stroll to the reef if you're interested in trying for it.

(I'm not on the BA list - best reply to personal email)

Happy birding

Ricki Coughlan
Avian consultancy, tours, presentations &interp. signs

53 Park Avenue
Avalon NSW 2107

p. 02 9918 6590
m. 0400 436 910