birding-aus

(no subject)

To: "'Bob French'" <>, <>
Subject: (no subject)
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 17:25:53 +1100
Hi Bob,

Freckled Duck - the usual spot for them is Lake Lorne in Drysdale, to the
south-west of Melbourne. The lake has little water in it now, and is
overgrown with weed, but there are often small numbers of Freckled Ducks
there.

Cape Barren Goose - Western Treatment Plant, Werribee, near Melbourne.
Alternatively, they are often seen at Serendip Sanctuary near the You Yangs.

Painted Honeyeater - Dunach Nature Reserve, north of Clunes (north of
Ballarat). They were seen a few days ago, so they are around.

Good luck!

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria