birding-aus

Noisy Pitta in Blue Mountains NSW

Subject: Noisy Pitta in Blue Mountains NSW
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:23:54 +1100
Hi all,

I've been told of a Noisy Pitta seen along Glenbrook Creek, near Springwood NSW. The woman who saw it is a regular bushwalker and gave me a good description of the bird, which she had identified using Pizzey & Knight. It was seen on Tuesday, a short distance downstream from the junction of Sassafras Creek and Glenbrook Creek. I searched for it for several hours yesterday with no luck, but there's a lot of rainforest habitat that it could have disappeared into.

This is the first record of Noisy Pitta in the Blue Mountains. However considering the occasional records in the Sydney region, not completely unexpected.

Sorry for the slight delay in reporting this but I've been flat out or not near a computer. If anyone wants to search for it please contact me for detailed directions.

Cheers,

Carol

Carol Probets
Katoomba NSW