birding-aus

port of brisbane, metroplex

Subject: port of brisbane, metroplex
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:52:42 -0500
Hi all
I went to look for the Little Bittern at the Metroplex at Murarrie yesterday
but dipped. There were however three Magpie Geese there and a Little Egret.
I missed the LB last year so if anyone has more specific info or where to look
I'd be grateful (I tried near the bridge at the southern end as recently
reported).
I also stopped by the wader roost at Wynnum North and the port. The only birds
of note were three Red-Necked Avocets at the wormers pond bird hide at the port.
Finally I went to look for the Grass Owls out near the airport without luck so
I guess that makes me a double dipper. But I'll keep trying. Some say the owls
haven't been seen there for a year or two but the conditions look pretty good
now all the disruption has ceased, so they might turn up again - at least until
they build the new runway. Then it might be time for us too fly the coop too!
Regards
Shane B
Ascot Q