birding-aus

Satin-Leaden Flycatchers again

To: "Allan Richardson" <>
Subject: Satin-Leaden Flycatchers again
From: Rod Gardner <>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 13:53:36 +1000
Hi Allan,

Thanks, Allan. It's good to hear from someone who has been trying to work
out if you can split these two on calls. Your answer is pretty much what I
suspected - that it's extremely difficult because of the variation in the
calls of LF (I wouldn't know about SF). One question this raises, though,
is whether the BOCA calls are reliable. As I said in my original posting,
the call I heard at Anstead was almost identical to the first call for SF
on the BOCA recordings. I don't doubt that that recording is of a SF, but
does anyone know if LF might produce the same call?

Rod