birding-aus

Rare Bird Alert Website

To: Luke Shelley <>
Subject: Rare Bird Alert Website
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:20:54 +1100
HI Luke

You raise some very interesting points here. I've taught web design in the past, but threw it out in favour of a subject I called "Web 2.0" where I tried to get students to use and learn about a wide range of tools. The most time-consuming and difficult thing - and certainly the most exciting - was that I could never repeat the same course from one semester to the next. There were new technologies and tools every time the course came up again!

Now I'm interested in Google Wave, and hope to get some birders to try it out. I'm still trying to get my head around how it works, let alone how it can work for a birding community. There will be some who don't want to leave the plain old email system we have now, but there will be many keen to explore the possibilities of Wave.

We do have a birding-aus Twitter Feed and anyone can subscribe to that - sorry, can "Follow" that! There is also a feed from the Eremaea rare bird sightings. Thanks for Paul Dodd for setting up these feeds. If you missed Paul's message about how these work, here are the links (you can find Paul's full message on the Archives).

Birding-Aus [birdlingaus]          http://twitter.com/birdingaus
Birdline Australia [birdlineaus]          http://twitter.com/birdlineaus
Birdline Central & Southern Queensland [birdlinecsq]
http://twitter.com/birdlinecsq
Birdline North Queensland [birdlinenq] http://twitter.com/birdlinenq
Birdline NSW [birdlinensw] http://twitter.com/birdlinensw
Birdline NT [birdlinent] http://twitter.com/birdlinent