birding-aus

Brush Turkey invasion

To: "'Peter Madvig'" <>, "'Jill Dark'" <>, <>
Subject: Brush Turkey invasion
From: "Mark and Mandy Young" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 20:47:35 +1100
There is 2 breeding pair that I've heard about on the Northern Beaches this
year. There is a pair at Oxford Falls that I first noticed about 2 years
ago. I noticed a small chick in the same area about 3 or 4 months ago.
Also I heard about a year ago about 2 pair breeding at Elanora Heights that
had chicks last year.
I saw 3 adults at Deep Creek in September, near where the Bronzewings are
always seen.
I also noticed a dead one on the side of the road around Belrose(?) about a
month ago. And others have reported seeing them there as well.

Regards,
Mark