birding-aus

Re: [Birding-Aus] Birding in Borneo – Part 1 - The Borneo Bird Festival,

To: "Birding-Aus (Forum)" <>
Subject: Re: [Birding-Aus] Birding in Borneo – Part 1 - The Borneo Bird Festival, 10-15 October 2009
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 22:47:42 +1000
Slow Loris was a big highlight for me Laurie, but you glossed over the most
interesting fact about them - I was stunned to find out they produce a toxin
for defense, ie. they are a poisonous/venemous mammal.  I had mistakenly
thought the only mammal to be venemous was the male Platypus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_loris

Regards,
Chris