birding-aus

help in identifying some birds needed!!

To: <>
Subject: help in identifying some birds needed!!
From: "Gillen, Kim" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:54:38 +1100
Hi all,

I went for a short walk on Monday down a fire trail between Brooklyn and
Cowan (NSW).  It was one of the best days I had in spotting birdlife as
I saw such a variety in a short period of time.

The list of birds I saw within 2 hours were:

Magpie, Currawong, Blackfaced Strike-thrush, Redbrowed Finch, Little
Wattlebird, Rainbow Lorikeet, Superb Fairywren, Red-whiskered Bulbul,
Striated Thornbill, Eastern Spinebill, Eastern Yellow Robin, Willy
Wagtail,  White cheeked Honeyeater, New Holland Honeyeater and a Pelican
soaring high overhead.  There were many more that I heard - but I am not
experienced enough to be able to identify their birdcalls - except for
the Eastern Whipbird which even a novice like me can recognize!!

The highlight were some Spotted Pardalotes at their nest.  A few days
earlier, I watched them constructing their nest in the bank of a creek
and took some pretty photos.

m("N02/sets/72157622629008506/","//www.flickr.com/photos/43736762");">http:

However there were 2 birds where I am not certain of their ID and was
hoping someone could help me confirm their identity.  I believe it was
an olive backed oriole and a pallid cuckoo but not certain.   Then there
was another bird I photographed and have no idea of what it is.    The
photos are on Flickr so any help would be much appreciated!!

m("N02/sets/72157622628996982/detail/","//www.flickr.com/photos/43736762");">http:

Kind regards,

Kim Gillen

Legal Assistant

(Tues & Wed)

Travelport

 <>

t. +612 9391 4587

f. +612 9391 4591

680 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, please notify the
sender
and delete all copies immediately. The sender believes this message and any
attachments
were sent free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse, and other forms of malicious
code.
This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission.
The
recipient opens any attachments at the recipient's own risk, and in so doing,
the
recipient accepts full responsibility for such actions and agrees to take
protective
and remedial action relating to any malicious code. Travelport is not liable
for any
loss or damage arising from this message or its attachments.