birding-aus

Amazing Shining Bronze Cuckoos display

To: Chris Baxter <>
Subject: Amazing Shining Bronze Cuckoos display
From: Ricki Coughlan <>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:05:52 +1000
Hi Chris

Great to get some confirmation on this, as so much was happening so quickly - trying to make head or tail of what was going on whilst making so a dozen or so people got to witness the event - left me with a bit of conjecture. However it sounds like the "slightly mobile lek" theory might hold at least a little water. Even though a "mobile lek" is something of a contradiction of terms :o) The odd variety of calls was as memorable as the beauty of these gorgeous cuckoos and the blazing bottle green candescence of their outstretched wings in the morning sun.

Like you, I wont be forgetting that event in a hurry.

Ricki