birding-aus

Spring birds in Victoria

To: <>
Subject: Spring birds in Victoria
From: "Bob Cook" <>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:00:19 +1000
As Tim Dolby commented - this could be a good spring in Victoria.

I got out of bed early this morning and spent a couple of hours covering our
8 Ha. woodland block at Axedale in Central Vic.  I was delighted with who
was around!

Little Pied Cormorant

Australian Shelduck

Peaceful Dove

Galah

Long-billed Corella

Sulphur-crested Cockatoo

Musk Lorikeet

Crimson Rosella

Eastern Rosella

Pallid Cuckoo

Kookaburra

Sacred Kingfisher

Varied Sitella

White-throated Treecreeper

Brown Treecreeper

Superb Fairy-wren

Striated Pardalote

White-browed Scrubwren

Red Wattlebird

Yellow-plumed Honeyeater

White-browed Babbler

Crested Shrike-tit

Grey Shrike-thrush

Grey Fantail

Olive-backed Oriole

Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike

Dusky Woodswallow

Magpie

Grey Currawong

Australian Raven

Little Raven

White-winged Chough

Welcome Swallow

Fairy Martin

Rufous Songlark

Best two hour survey ever on our property!

Also in the last two days we have had:

Southern Boobook,

Brown-headed Honeyeater,

Australian Reed-warbler,

Willie Wagtail,

Red-rumped Parrot,

Little Friarbird,

Wood Duck and

Black Duck

And still as yet this month no raptors or Thornbills - sure to be some
around.

Having just been overseas for four weeks, it is such a pleasure to come back
to our home ground.

Bob Cook

Axedale VIC.