birding-aus

Red Centre Birdweek news- Twitchathon and Newhaven trip

Subject: Red Centre Birdweek news- Twitchathon and Newhaven trip
From: Mark Carter <>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 00:45:43 +0000 (GMT)
Hi birding-aus readers.

Just a very quick update on Red Centre Birdweek, 19th-26th September.

We have had some good showers and nice warm days out here so conditions are
looking great for all the birding events we are running for this year's
Birdweek. Bird walks, talks and even Central Australia's first twitchathon are
planned.

Recent sightings of Grey Honeyeaters and Ground Cuckoo-shrikes around Alice
Springs have gotten us Red Centre Twitchthon organisers pretty excited! Several
teams are registered but more are welcome- for further details contact me (Mark
Carter) on  0447358045.

The full program of Red Centre Birdweek events is now available to download
from the following website:
http://www.territorydiscoveries.com/experiences/bird-watching

Locally-owned nature trekking company Trek Larapinta is running a guided
birding trip to the AWC/BA Newhaven Reserve starting on 27th Sept which follows
on from Red Centre Birdweek. There are still places available. For details see
http://www.treklarapinta.com.au/OtherTours/Birdwatching.html or call 1300 724
795.

Red Centre Birdweek is shaping up to be a lot of fun- I hope some of you can
join us!

Mark Carter