birding-aus

shrike-thrush

To: "ninderry" <>, <>
Subject: shrike-thrush
From: "Russ Lamb" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:45:45 +1000
Greg,
We also have a male GST which acts similairly, both for the past 2 months, and also around this time last year (I'm assuming the same bird). But our bird drives us , and itself, crazy by constantly calling and then pecking at its reflection in the wing mirrors of the car in the carport. It flies-off when disturbed, but will also spend time perched on the verandah rails of the house. By its level of agitation I assume it suspects a mute intruder which it is unable to see-off, the perfect recipe for continued obsessive behaviour. Each time it checks, whoops, there he is again. I've thought of covering the wing mirrors but suspect he'll continue the behaviour with reflections in both car & house windows.

Russ Lamb, Maleny, SEQ