birding-aus

Ric Nattrass has passed away

To: "BirdAlert" <>, "Birding Aus" <>, "L&L Knight" <>
Subject: Ric Nattrass has passed away
From: " Moorhead Family" <>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 18:59:14 +1000
This is devastating news regarding Ric. He was an absolute legend hereabouts. I still can't believe it. Anyone who has listened to talk back on ABC in Qld regarding anything wildlife related, would know Ric's voice and incredible knowledge. My fondest memory was when a listener was whinging about Common Green Tree-Frogs in his loo. Ric explained that they enter the toilet via the air vent on the roof...those thin 75mm PVC pipes.....He said that the caller should just be happy to have frogs in his home, but to put netting around the roof vent if he wanted to stop the Litoria caeruleas sharing his bathroom. Ric was right. This is how they get into the toilets! He was a terrific birder also.
Cheers,
Bill