birding-aus

I/d of immature Cormorant - SE Melbourne

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: I/d of immature Cormorant - SE Melbourne
From: "michael norris" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:21:30 +1000
Can anyone help with an i/d? Immature Pied or Black-faced??

The pic is of a bird, roughly Pied Cormorant size.   Black cap to below the
eye with an almost dark chin and upper neck, off-white/brownish upper
breast, grey bill (with a pale patch at the base).

I would upload it to a website if I knew how to do that!  (Perhaps someone
will offer).

(The site is Quiet Corner at the northern end of the Ricketts Point Marine
Sanctuary on Port Phillip Bay.  The photographer also has pics of a Sooty
Oystercatcher there and saw a Caspian Tern flying past.)

Michael Norris

37° 59' S  145° 0' E