birding-aus

Grey Falcons, photos and reports please

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Grey Falcons, photos and reports please
From: Jonny Schoenjahn <>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 17:14:19 +0800
Hello all

The breeding season of the Grey Falcon is in full swing, high time to renew
my request for observation reports. Please send reports directly to me. If
you find a nest, please contact me asap, time is critical then.

You will be aware of my  Australia-wide study of the species, an undertaking
that is impossible without the help of many people kindly reporting their
sightings to me. All reports will be kept confidential.

Further, because identification of the species in the field can be
challenging, I intend to write a contribution with the title 'Field
identification of the Grey Falcon', which I plan to submit to the BOCA
journal Australian Field Ornithology. The topics will be flight
identification, perched birds, and age-related differences in plumage and
bare parts, depending on the photos available.

Any good quality photos you may have of the species are of interest. If you
send me a photo, at this stage please send a low resolution version only,
say 72x72 dpi, otherwise my mailbox will overflow while I'm away. Date and
location where the photos were taken are important. Photographers will be
credited of course.

Thank you very much for your help.

Jonny

Jonny Schoenjahn
Perth, WA
Phone: (08) 9385 9939 (with message bank)
SMS and Fax: (08) 9385 9801
E-mail:
http://www.jonnybird-australia.com/greyfalcon.htm (new URL)