birding-aus

Eaglehawk Neck (Tasmania) Boat Trips - Bookings for the remainder of 200

Subject: Eaglehawk Neck (Tasmania) Boat Trips - Bookings for the remainder of 2009
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:59:39 +1000
Dear Birding-Ausers,

At the start of the month, I posted an update on the two remaining trips
that Bill Wakefield and I still have for Eaglehawk Neck in Tasmania in
2009 on 27 September and 29 November.

At the moment, we still have two vacancies on the September trip if anyone
wishes to book a spot.  The November trip is now full, with a short
waiting list.

The east coast of Tasmania is unusual because boat trips get out in
weather conditions that would be considered extreme in many other places
such as Port Fairy (where I have a bit of experience also).  The land mass
of Tasmania itself provides lots of protection for the east coast waters
and the boat gets out most times - quite safely.  Cost is approximately
$100-120 if we get a full boat.

If you want to know what birds we see off Eaglehawk Neck, we always post
trip reports on Birding-Aus.  You can search for the last 10 years worth
in the archives at http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/birding-aus/.  We
have run one trip already this year in February.  It was a very good trip
with several Mottled Petrels and at least one Buller's Shearwater.  Steve
Murray posted a report recently on Wildiaries at
http://aussiebirding.wildiaries.com.

So, if you want a pelagic off Tasmania to add to your southern sea-bird
experiences, please let me know asap.

Chris

Notice:
confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright.No part of it should be
reproduced,
adapted or communicated without the prior written consent of the copyright
owner.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return
email, delete
it from your system and destroy any copies. You are not authorised to use,
communicate or rely on the information
contained in this email.