birding-aus

St Helens Pelagic Trip July 2009

To: <>
Subject: St Helens Pelagic Trip July 2009
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:26:42 +1000
Good Afternoon Everyone

                                              I have just posted some photos
on my website from the St Helens 2 day Pelagic in July which was run by Ian
May and I would just like to say what a fantastic job that he did to
organise a very professionally run trip. Ian is away at the moment and will
put in a detailed report when he returns from looking for Princess Parrots.
Just for something different I have put up some head shots of Shy and
Black-browed Albatrosses and some reasonable shots of Providence Petrels and
once again here is the link then hit the latest photos Icon
http://barraimaging.com.au/index.php . I am off to Scotia which is a
property run by the Australian Wildlife Conservancy between Mildura and
Broken Hill NSW for the next few days and I hope to photograph some of the
critically endangered Marsupials and birds that are there. Scotia is a
property that is in the process of fencing off 30,000 Hectares in three
stages and have completed Stage 1 and 2 of this project. The fences are
foxproof and about 3 metres high. Stage one has seen the eradication of
Foxes, Cats and Rabbits and the introduction of several species of mammals.
Regards Geoff Jones