birding-aus

Found it .... the Laughing Gull that is.

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Found it .... the Laughing Gull that is.
From: Bob Dawson <>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:45:07 +1000
Hi All

Thanks to all who offerred help and advise on finding the Laughing Gull. I
finally found it after several attempts during the week on the Wednesday arvo
of the day before I left! It was sitting with a large group of gulls and other
birds just near the war memorial, where the Pelicans roost.

I thought I had found it several times during my week there but the offenders
all turned out to be non-breeding Gull-billed Terns!

A special thanks to Lumpy who I was going to reply to directly until I
accidently deleted your email. I rang on the Wednesday morning but you were out
and would have called again later that day if I hadn't found the little
blighter.

Cheers all

Bob