birding-aus

Pallid Cuckoo heard at work

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Pallid Cuckoo heard at work
From: "Tim Dolby" <>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:17:34 +1000
Hi all,

A couple of hours ago I was just sitting at my desk at Victoria Uni - in
downtown Footscray, Melb - and I thought I heard a Pallid Cuckoo calling
out the window. Just then I heard it again! This didn't make any sense,
so I opened the window and nothing. Then I sat and heard the bird call
again!

Wracking my brain I eventually figured out that there was only one
possible solution. I checked my pocket and it was my iPod playing Pallid
Cuckoo through the head phones and I was pausing and un-pausing the call
every time I sat down. There ya go.

Cheers,

Tim