birding-aus

RFI Los Vegas, Nevada, USA

To: Dave Torr <>, Mark Clayton <>
Subject: RFI Los Vegas, Nevada, USA
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 19:55:42 -0700 (PDT)

Cheers,

Nikolas

 ----------------
Nikolas Haass

Sydney, NSW

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave Torr <>
To: Mark Clayton <>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 12:53:16 PM

Just back from Las Vegas (one night only - it gets a bit much after that!)
www.birdingpal.org has a number off people who offered great advice but
unfortunately were all out of town the day I was there. Best place is the
Henderson Sewage Ponds - only small but very nicely done with a good
inforamtion centre. Highlight there was a Least Bittern. There is a small
park on Sunset Blvd that has a few birds, but mostly you will need to get
out of town I think, which I did not have time to do.
It is pretty hot there now (and probably hotter in August) so bird early -
the ponds open at 0600.