RFI Hong Kong
"Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 20:53:15 +1000
I am visiting Hong Kong for the 1st time in about 10 days from now, and was
looking for some pointers/hints. I have been doing some research through
the HK Birding Society website, posted trip reports etc and have a few sites
in mind but (as with many of my RFIs), I am on a family holiday not a
birding specific trip, so I need to be mindful of the rest of my family as
well and squeeze birding in amongst other activities.
Plans are so far:
- a visit to the HK Wetland Park (has any body been there and advise of good
- one or two of the central parks (Kowloon Park, Victoria Park)
- a trip up "the Peak" - any specific spots to look when up there?
- normal tourist attractions such as Star Ferry, Aberdeen
- possibly to Lantau to see the Big Buddha
- depending on time/weather etc, I may get to Tai Po Kau NR, but I think
this is highly unlikely (despite this being a good place to go)
- Please note that my plans do NOT include visiting Mai Po (despite several
recommendations) as it's the wrong time of year for migrants and dealing
with permits etc likely to chew up too much time
We are staying in Tsim Sha Tsui, so Kowloon Park is about 4 blocks away.
As this is a more than slightly non-Australian RFI, people can reply direct
to me if they don't want to clog up the forum (although I for one always
think the more info in the archives the better).
To unsubscribe from this mailing list,
send the message:
(in the body of the message, with no Subject line)
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering
takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely
a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way.
If you wish to get material removed from the archive or
have other queries about the archive e-mail
Andrew Taylor at this address: