"Reg Oakley" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
RFI Phillip Island Vic
"Elizabeth Shaw" <>
Tue, 19 May 2009 19:19:56 +1000
Unfortunately you will be about a week early for visiting Phillip Island.
WESBOC will be finally publishing our brochure, Bass Coast Shire Bird
Trails. It will be printed either later this week or next week. It should
be available from local information centres, libraries and shire offices as
soon as possible after printing.
In the meanwhile I'd recommend:
1. Fisher's Wetland on the road into Churchill Island and Churchill Island,
2. Woolamai Beach (for Hooded Plovers),
3. Koala Conservation Centre and/or Oswin Roberts Reserve in Harbison Road,
4. Rhyll Inlet walk from Conservation Hill or McIllwraith Road,
5. Swan Lake
6. The Nobbies boardwalk and any of the headlands around the western end of
Ask at the Information Centre at Newhaven for a map and staff there should
be able to point out where those places are. With some really good luck the
brochure might be there too.
The University of NSW School of Computer and Engineering
takes no responsibility for the contents of this archive. It is purely
a compilation of material sent by many people to the birding-aus mailing list. It has not been checked for accuracy nor its content verified in any way.
If you wish to get material removed from the archive or
have other queries about the archive e-mail
Andrew Taylor at this address: