birding-aus

Butcherbirds v Quails

To: <>, <>
Subject: Butcherbirds v Quails
From: John Graff <>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:44:13 +1030
Hi Tony, Tom and others

I have never observed this behaviour personally, however there was an article
in WA Bird Notes a while ago by Frank O'Connor detailing a record of three Pied
Butcherbirds which had caught a Stubble Quail at Charles Darwin Nature Reserve
in WA. The full reference is;

O'Connor, F 2004, 'Pied Butcherbirds catching a Stubble Quail', Western
Australian Bird Notes, No. 110, pp. 13.

Cheers,

John