birding-aus

Mistral Point, Maroubra, 5/5/09

To: <>
Subject: Mistral Point, Maroubra, 5/5/09
From: "Troy Mutton" <>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 17:14:23 +1000
Hi everyone,

Was at Mistral Point, Maroubra for a couple of hours this morning with
Ray Gobbe (who stayed after I had to leave, so I'm not sure what he saw
that I didn't),

Highlight was an older looking Wandering Albatross in nice and close. I
only managed to get Black-browed, Yellow-nosed and Wandering Albatross
for my mornings efforts, Ray had Shy earlier, completing the set.

Also present were a few Wedge-tailed and fluttering Shearwater, and I
had what I'm fairly certain was a Sooty Shearwater as I arrived. Only
had binocular views, but I got the shiny white panels on the underwing,
and it definitely looked like a Sooty. Several gannets and the usual
terns, gulls and kestrel were present.

This weekend is currently looking pretty good, and I'm sure I'll see
some of you there when I can get down on Sunday morning.

Trip report from my Victoria trip will follow soon. Some photos here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrtroy/sets/72157617239017345/ for those
who just cannot wait. :)

Cheers

Troy