birding-aus

Book Review: Life List by Olivia Gentile. Biography on Phoebe Snetsinger

To: Baus <>
Subject: Book Review: Life List by Olivia Gentile. Biography on Phoebe Snetsinger - the first birder to see over 8000 birds in the world.
From: Gunnar Engblom <>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 17:33:35 -0500
Hi all

Some of you might remember I sent out a call for your favorite 100
birds to select the birds for my book project "1000 birds to see
before you die" (http://bit.ly/1zad). I have recieved a lot of
contributions and take the opportunity now to thank you all. We are
putting the birds of the world into a database. I shall insert all the
lists into it, when I got the technicalities worked out. All who have
written me will eventually get personal replies.

This post is about a book that in many ways inspired to come up with
the idea to 1000 birds - in spite that it was not yet published. I had
seen the suggestive promotional video that promoted the book on the
authors web-site.

It can also be found on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MnQ_HyyTp4

The video lists quite a few birds that will enter the final 1000.

Now I have read the book and thought I'd share my opinion about it with you.

It surpassed my expectations. It is truly a great book. I really hope
it gets the recognition it deserves, It should transcend to be read
also by non-birders. It treats issues such as life, death, family,
marriage, rasing children, feminism, obsession, and self-fulfilment.

I wrote a review on my blog if anyone wants to read further.

http://www.kolibriexpeditions.com/birdingperu/blog/index.php/book-review-life-list-by-olivia-gentile-biograph-of-the-birder-phoebe-snetzinger/

Here ís the short url if the above does not work

http://is.gd/vWHe

Saludos

Gunnar

PS: Disclaimer. I got the book for free to review. But after seeing
that promotional video, I would probably have bought it anyway. I
don't know the author personally, just through the internet.

--
Gunnar Engblom-Lima, Peru.
http://www.kolibriexpeditions.com

--