birding-aus

St Helens Pelagic Additional trip 27 July 2009

To: Allan Benson <>, Andrew Stafford <>, B Whylie <>, Bill Wakefield <>, Bill Watson <>, billmaclean <>, Bob Way <>, Charles Nixon <>, Chris Coleborn <>, Colin Rogers <>, Crispin Marsh <>, Darryel Binns <>, Dave Stickney <>, Dirk Tomsa <>, Geoffrey Jones <>, George Appleby <>, Grant Penrhyn <>, Jane & Tim <>, John Cox <>, John Tongue <>, Keith Weekes <>, Ken Cross <>, L&L Knight <>, Liz Znidersic <>, Michael Kearns <>, Michael Todd <>, Mike Carter <>, Paul & Amanda Wainwright <>, R Clarke <>, richard baxter <>, Rohan Clarke <>, Judith Willey <>, Tony Russell <>, Simon Mustoe <>, Sue Taylor <>, Birding Aus <>, Peter&Hazel Britton <>, Dorothy Window <>
Subject: St Helens Pelagic Additional trip 27 July 2009
From: Ian May <>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 09:34:04 +1000
g'Day all

The pelagic sea bird trip scheduled from St Helens for Saturday 25th July is now fully booked however there have been requests to arrange additional days if possible. The charter operator has indicated that the boat is also available on Monday 27th July, so I am seeking expressions of interest for this extra trip. The cost is $200.00 and a minimum of 8 passengers are required to confirm the trip. The July pelagics visit the continental shelf and beyond to the off shore sea mounts where we can always turn up some excellent birds. See some previous trip reports below

24 - 26 July 2008 http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/birding-aus/2008-08/msg00292.html 15 - 17 May 2008 http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/birding-aus/2008-05/msg00718.html 19 December 2007 http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/birding-aus/2008-01/msg00055.html 22 July 2006 http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/birding-aus/2006-07/msg00519.html

Sea conditions east from St Helens in July are normally sheltered because westerly wind prevails and is off shore. We use fast ocean going boats that can return to sheltered waters in about one hour if the weather deteriorates.

If anyone would liked to go on this one please let me know ASAP.

Ian May
PO Box 110 St Helens, Tas. 7216

Mob: 0428337 956
A/H       (03) 63121123