birding-aus

Iron Range Trip Sept 09 (seeking interest)

To: <>
Subject: Iron Range Trip Sept 09 (seeking interest)
From: "Tim Dolby" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:56:48 +1000
Hi All,

Along with fellow birder Greg Oakley, I'm planning a birding trip to the Iron
Range National Park in September (at this stage ~ approx. 26 Sept - 3 Oct).

I was wondering if anyone would like to join us on this (not-for-profit) trip.
Leaving from Cairns, we're hiring a large 4x4, so it'd be good to share costs
and the birding experience. Should be a great trip - with late September, early
October possibly the best time to visit this wonderful birding area.

Situated on the northern Cape York Peninsula, the Iron Range is Australia's
largest remnant lowland rainforest. Target spp will includes Yellow-billed
Kingfisher, Trumpet Manucode, Black-winged Monarch, Red-bellied Pitta, Eclectus
Parrot, Red-cheeked Parrot, Palm Cockatoo, Yellow-legged Flycatcher,
Fawn-breasted Bowerbird, White-streaked Honeyeater, Tropical Scrubwren,
Chestnut-breasted Cuckoo and Magnificent Riflebird and so. We will also be
stopping at Musgrave Station on the way up to see Golden-shouldered Parrot.

If you're interested please reply to me directly, thanks.

Cheers,

Tim Dolby

http://tim-dolby.blogspot.com/