birding-aus

Have you seen these recently please?

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Have you seen these recently please?
From: " Annabel" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:45:59 +1100
I have two friends coming out from the USA after Easter, for two weeks of
birding and they have given me a list of birds they would like to see.   I have
listed the birds below and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has seen
any of these recently in the northern half on NSW or southern QLD.

We will be starting at Newcastle and moving on to Gloucester Tops amd Tamworth.
  The itinerary after that will depend on your feed back.   As I don't have the
Internet, I am using my friend's.   She will pass your answers on to me.

The birds are as follows:-  (Those marked with * I expect to find around
Tamworth)

Australian bittern
Black falcon
Red-chested button-quail
Lewin's rail
Baillon's crake
Turquoise parrot*
Black-eared cuckoo
Australian masked owl
Powerful owl
Barking owl
White-throated nightjar
Rufous scrub-bird
Painted honeyeater
Regent honeyeater
Plum-headed finch*
Pied honeyeater
Grey grasswren
Glossy black cockatoo
Origma
Chestnut rumped heathwren
Red-browed treecreeper

I know it is the wrong season to find some of these, but will appreciate any
help you can give.
Jenny Norton