birding-aus

Pectoral Sandpipers on Ash Island, Newcastle, NSW

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Pectoral Sandpipers on Ash Island, Newcastle, NSW
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 19:55:36 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

Over the past 3 days there have been up to 3 Pectoral Sandpipers on Ash Island,
on the eastern edge of Swan Pond (email me direct if you want directions).
Views were complicated today by the presence of 5 immature Sea Eagles that
seemed to be stirring the 100's of birds there for the sake of it. There are
over a 1000 Teal (mainly Chestnut), about 300 BwStilt, up to 1000 Welcome
Swallows, a few Avocet, Marshies, Greenshank, Curlew Sands as well - the place
is jumping (alas no Wagtails...we'll have to wait to snag that Weribee one on
it's way back).

Mick Roderick

      Stay connected to the people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take
a look http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox