birding-aus

Donald Trounson

To: "'Murray Lord'" <>, <>
Subject: Donald Trounson
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 09:24:34 +1030
I found your mail interesting Murray in that Donald and Molly Trounson's
1087/89 book, "Australian Birds" , was my first bird book, given to me
by my wife as a Christmas present in 1989.  It revived my interest in
birds in terms of Australian birds rather than the UK birds I grew up
with, and was probably the beginning of my "career" as a frantic
twitcher.
Having a quick re-look I note that the preface was by Roger Tory
Peterson, and that the Acknowledgements and References include many
other interesting bird people, some of whom are still active and
publishing today - maybe they were younger than Donald !

Thank you for your mail in this regard. Tony.