birding-aus

Spare Copy of HBW Volume 12 For Sale

To: <>
Subject: Spare Copy of HBW Volume 12 For Sale
From: "Jon " <>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 17:45:32 +1100
I have a spare copy of Handbook Of The Birds Of The World, Volume 12 for
sale. It is part of the beautiful series of books by Lynx Edicions that will
eventually encompass 16 volumes. This volume covers Picathartes to Tits and
Chickadees and includes the following families: Picathartes, Babblers,
Parrotbills, Australasian Babblers, Logrunners, Jewel-babblers and allies,
Whistlers, Australasian Robins, Fairywrens, Bristlebirds, Thornbills,
Australian Chats, Sittellas, Australasian Treecreepers and Tits and
Chickadees. It is particularly relevant to Australia as a large percentage
of this volume covers Australian families. I ordered a set of Volumes 1 to
11 plus the then "soon to be published" Volume 12 from NHBS in UK. I didn't
realize at the time that their special offer on Volumes 1 to 11 already
included Volume 12, hence when it was published, two copies arrived! I could
have sent it back but it wasn't worth the postage costs. The usual price in
Australia is $420. I am not trying to make any profit on it; I am just
hoping it can find a good home. I can offer it at cost for $300. It is still
pristine in its original box unopened as shipped from the publishers. If
anybody would like it then please contact me off list.

Here is a link to the Lynx Edicions HBW website:

http://www.hbw.com/lynx/en/handbook-birds-world/

and to Volume 12:

http://www.hbw.com/lynx/en/handbook-birds-world/HBW0012-handbook-birds-world
-volume-12.html