birding-aus

RFI: Recent sightings SW Victoria

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI: Recent sightings SW Victoria
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 20:17:04 +1100
Hi all,

My wife has decided to take a quick trip to Sydney with the kids and so I will
have a few days spare next weekend to try and catch up with a few ubspecies I
haven't seen before. At this stage the weather forecast next weekend looks
good, and though I don't get the long weekend (despite living in Victoria I
work in NSW) I am looking at a few days (Friday evening to Monday morning) in
the Little Desert area in SW Victoria (and maybe adjacent SA if I have time).

The taxa I am chasing are:

Red-tailed Black-cockatoo (graptogyne)
Rufous Fieldwren (winiam)
Slender-billed Thornbill (hedleyi)
I have a few potential locations, but would appreciate if anyone has recent
sightings of these species or any hints on potential locations for the Cockatoo
(past locations) that are more specific than in the archives would be
appreciated.

Cheers,

Peter