birding-aus

Red Wattlebirds

Subject: Red Wattlebirds
From: Penny Brockman <>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:19:27 +1100

Red Wattlebirds are present as usual in my area on the northern fringe of Gloucester town, and seen elsewhere around town. But Noisy Friarbirds have recently become a little bit noisy and had a pair in my bird bath two days ago.

Also Silvereyes have got very noisy and seem to be preparing to migrate north. No sign of any Tassie ones yet.

Last weekend saw a small flock of Yellow-faced Honeyeaters heading north twittering as they flew - usual migrating behaviour.

Just adding my own note. Ever since the heat-wave have not seen any Wattlebirds on my daily trip to work on which I would normally see several every day in the Adelaide plains. Maybe they retreated to the hills. Just unusual to not see this very common bird.

Cheers

Dave K